City of Lake Alfred Library is hosting a display for our local students during Constitution Week September 17 – 23, 2021. The display area will have the signed Lake Alfred proclamation, coloring pages of our Patriots, patriotic stickers, patriotic lapel pins, and pocket constitutions while supplies last.
About Constitution Week:
- The United States Constitution stands as a testament to the tenacity of Americans throughout history to maintain their liberties, freedoms, and inalienable rights.
- This celebration was started by the Daughters of the American Revolution in 1955, by a petition sent to Congress requesting to set aside September 17-23 annually for the dedication and observance of Constitution Week.
- The resolution was later adopted by the United States Congress, and signed into public law on August 2, 1956, by President Dwight D. Eisenhower.
- September 17, 2021, marks the two hundred and thirty-fourth anniversary of the drafting and ratification process of the Constitution of the United States of America by the Constitutional Convention; and
- Public Law #915 guarantees the issuing of a proclamation each year by the President of the United States of America designating September 17th through 23rd as Constitution Week.
- The constitution was signed in 1787 and then sent on for ratification which ended in a final approval on May 29, 1790 – three years later.
Comments are closed.