- Athletic fields open for organized sports
- Basketball courts
- Resumption of public hearings
- Library opens regular hours 9 am – 5 pm
- Rentals on facilities now available
- Opening City Hall and Administration lobby to the public while following social distancing guidelines.
- Investments are being made into plastic dividers for our countertops.
- Library will provide curbside book service.
- Opening parks and athletic fields for groups of fewer than 10 people (Trails and Boat Ramps were never closed).
- Playgrounds, pavilions, and basketball courts will remained closed; likely until we receive future Phase 2 or Phase 3 guidance.
- All City Departments will return to normal operating schedules.
- All Public Meetings and Hearings are canceled through May.
- All City events are canceled through May.
- Playgrounds, pavilions, and basketball courts reopening on June 8th, 2020
CITY OF LAKE ALFRED COVID-19 RESPONSE
As a city, we are actively responding to the threat of COVID-19. We are working closely with the Florida Department of Health, who in turn is working closely with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
We’re also joining our partners, including Polk County, to remind residents and visitors of the simple steps that they can take to help prevent the spread of active respiratory diseases like the flu and COVID-19:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and discard the tissue into a trash can
- Clean and disinfect frequent touched objects and surfaces
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care
- Practice social distancing by putting space between yourself and others.