CURRENT CITY UPDATE
- Playgrounds, Public Library, Public Restrooms, Athletic Courts (Basketball & Tennis) will be CLOSED while the stay at home order is in effect.
- Boat Ramps and Trails will remain OPEN. Please observe CDC social distancing guidelines.
- City Offices remain closed to public access. Staffing reduced to essential operations.
- No proposed changes to garbage pickup schedule.
- No disconnections, late fees, or convenience fees for Utility Customers extended through May.
- Public access is closed for the following facilities: City Administration (City Manager’s Office, Finance, Public Works, Human Resources), City Hall (Community Development, Building Permits, Code Enforcement), Parks & Recreation, Library.
- All City services will remain in operation.
- While the City Administration Offices are closed to the public, utility payments can be made via the drop box located on the west side of the building. Alternatively, payments can be made online via Point & Pay or by phone at 863-291-5270 between the hours of 8 am and 4:30 pm. All fees associated with these payment methods are being waived for 60 days.
- Lake Alfred Public Library is closed to public access and staff are working to complete inventory. Please use the dropbox if you are returning materials to the library.
- All Public Meetings and Hearings are canceled through April.
- All City events are canceled through April.
- All Public Parks and Boat Ramps are currently open, however, please refrain from gathering in groups greater than 10 people.
CITY OF LAKE ALFRED COVID-19 RESPONSE
As a city, we are actively responding to the threat of COVID-19. We are working closely with the Florida Department of Health, who in turn is working closely with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
We’re also joining our partners, including Polk County, to remind residents and visitors of the simple steps that they can take to help prevent the spread of active respiratory diseases like the flu and COVID-19:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and discard the tissue into a trash can
- Clean and disinfect frequent touched objects and surfaces
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care
- Practice social distancing by putting space between yourself and others.