Business Tax Receipts
What is a Business Tax Receipt?
A business tax receipt is a tax levied upon all businesses within the municipal boundaries. Payment of the tax receipt does not certify or imply the competence of the licensee. Within Florida, most cities and counties have a business tax receipt.
Do You Need a Business Tax Receipt?
If you engage or manage any business, profession, or perform any business within our City limits, you need to purchase a tax receipt. If your business has more than one location, a separate tax receipt is required for each location. A separate tax receipt is issued for each use performed within your business.
You may apply for a Business Tax Receipt between the hours of 8:00 AM and 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday, in the Office of the City Clerk located at 155 East Pomelo Street, Lake Alfred. Our phone number is (863)291-5747.
What to Bring with You to City Administration
- Applicant/Owner Name
- Business Name
- Business Address
- Business Mailing Address
- Business Phone/Cell Phone Number
- Corporation Information, such as registered agent
- Business Description
- County Business Tax Receipt
- Number of Units (of apartment/hotel)
- Professional Certifications (If applicable)
- Competency Card/State License (If applicable)
- Health Department Approval (If applicable)