Thank you for your interest in the City of Lake Alfred!
The City of Lake Alfred is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Employment selections will be based on individual merit and qualifications without regard for political or religious opinions or affiliations; race; color; creed; sex; age; disability; national origin or any other reason prohibited by law.
|Counselor Summer Recreation||Parks and Recreation||$10.47 to 12.47 /hr||Open until filled|
|Three positions available including Head Counselor and two Counselors. Ability to coordinate children in recreational activities, games, crafts and athletics. Knowledge of child education, teaching techniques, and basic first aid. Previous camp counselor and/or summer youth activities experience preferred.|
|Part-Time Service Worker||Public Works||$12.00/hr||04/10/17|
|Semi-skilled manual work involving the care, maintenance of City streets, highways, parks, and buildings with other manual work as required; Valid FL DL.|
|Accounting Clerk||Finance||$34,711 + full benefits||04/03/17|
|The Accounting Clerk is responsible for the operation of the City’s vendor accounting and check writing system, processing payments to vendors, processing payroll for all departments, maintaining fiscal records, and fiscal administrative and technical work dealing with the utility’s customers. Prefer associates degree with at least two years of accounting experience in accounts payable as well as experience in routine accounting, bookkeeping, or financial record keeping. Valid FL. DL required.|
|Assistant to City Manager /City Clerk||Administration||$52,192 – $62,304 DOQ/E + full benefits||3/24/17|
|A dynamic position involving highly responsible administrative work. The Assistant to the City Manager/City Clerk assists in researching, developing, and coordinating projects and programs in all aspects of municipal operations. The position is responsible for human resources, oversight of municipal elections, and is the keeper and manager of records for the City. Prefer Master in Public Administration and two years of professional municipal experience. Valid FL. DL required|
|Service Worker II||Utilities||$21,778 + full benefits||3/24/17|
|Entry level work in the operation and maintenance of the wastewater and water collection and distribution systems; CDL preferred. Valid FL DL|
Applying for a job:
- Applications will only be accepted for active job postings.
- Applicants must complete an APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT.
- Download the application pdf to access the fillable forms or print to complete.
- Applications may be submitted in person, by mail, or by email.
- Submit a printed application to the City of Lake Alfred’s Administration Building located at 155 E Pomelo Street, Lake Alfred, FL 33850
- Submit digital applications [email protected]
- Please call (863) 291-5747 to ensure your application was received.
- Certain positions require background and drug screening such as Public Safety and Parks and Recreation positions.