What is a Business Tax Receipt?
A business tax receipt is a tax levied upon all businesses within the municipal boundaries. Payment of the tax receipt does not certify or imply the competence of the licensee. Within Florida, most cities and counties have a business tax receipt.
Do You Need a Business Tax Receipt?
If you engage or manage any business, profession, or perform any business within our City limits, you need to purchase a tax receipt. If your business has more than one location, a separate tax receipt is required for each location. A separate tax receipt is issued for each use performed within your business.
Apply at City Hall between 8:00 AM and 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday,
Our phone number is (863)291-5748.
What to Bring with You
- Applicant/Owner Name
- Business Name
- Business Address
- Business Mailing Address
- Business Phone/Cell Phone Number
- Corporation Information, such as registered agent
- Business Description
- County Business Tax Receipt
- Number of Units (of apartment/hotel)
- Professional Certifications (If applicable)
- Competency Card/State License (If applicable)
- Health Department Approval (If applicable)