The Building Inspection Division is responsible for the plan review, permitting and inspection of all construction activity, sign permits, and the interpretation and development of code requirements relating to building, housing and landscape improvements.
Items required when applying for a building permit in the City of Lake Alfred include:
• Notice of Commencement (if applicable)
• Owner Builder Statement Affidavit (if applicable)
• Site plan and/or site survey
• Two (2) sets of sealed drawings or product approval sheets from manufacturer for sheds
To learn more about specific requirements for various permits, click here to review the Lake Alfred Unified Land Development Code.
Submit Permits via Email:
Permits can now be accepted electronically. Please submit all the required forms to Mamie Drane at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once staff has processed your permit application, they will contact you with the permit cost which you can pay the via credit card after completing the credit card authorization form below and submitting to our office. Once payment has been processed, staff will email your permit to the email address provided.
Credit Card Authorization (one time only)
Inspections are regularly scheduled on Monday, Wednesday or Friday. Special arrangements can be made for any dates other than regularly scheduled. To schedule an inspection:
• Call the office at 863-291-5748
• Email the inspection request to Mamie Drane email@example.com (in order to ensure the inspections are scheduled correctly, please send inspections at least 48 hours in advance of requested inspection date)
Building Codes and Ordinances
The new Florida Building Code (FBC) went into effect March 15, 2012. Contractors should be aware of the new and important changes which will impact your construction project. The following are the Codes which the City of Lake Alfred presently enforces and web sites you can visit for more information:
• Flood Plain Regulations – To obtain a flood map call 800-358-9616 or go on-line to the FEMA Map Service Center.