The Building Inspection Division is responsible for the plan review, permitting and inspection of all construction activity, sign permits, and the interpretation and development of code requirements relating to building, housing and landscape improvements.
Items required when applying for a building permit in the City of Lake Alfred include:
- Building Permit Application
- Notice of Commencement (if applicable)
- In accordance with Section 713.13 (1) (h) of the Florida Statutes, a “Notice of Commencement” must be filed with the Clerk of the Court (County Records Division) prior to commencement of construction of a project, and a certified copy or affidavit attesting to the recording of the Notice of Commencement, must be posted at the jobsite. This notice contains detailed information about the project such as property owner, financial institution, jobsite address, contractor, etc., and protects the property owner’s title to the property.
- Re-Roof Inspection Policy
- Site plan and/or site survey
- Two (2) sets of sealed drawings or product approval sheets from manufacturer for sheds
To learn more about specific requirements for various permits, click here to review the Lake Alfred Unified Land Development Code.
Submit Permits via Email:
Permits can now be accepted electronically. Please submit all the required forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once staff has processed your permit application, they will contact you with the permit cost which you can pay the via credit card after completing the credit card authorization form below and submitting to our office. Once payment has been processed, staff will email your permit to the email address provided.
Credit Card Authorization (one time only)
Inspections are regularly scheduled on Monday, Wednesday or Friday. Special arrangements can be made for any dates other than regularly scheduled. To schedule an inspection:
• Call the office at 863-291-5748
• Email the inspection request to email@example.com (in order to ensure the inspections are scheduled correctly, please send inspections at least 48 hours in advance of requested inspection date)
Building Codes and Ordinances
Contractors should be aware of the latest Florida Building Code (FBC) and how it will impact your construction project. The following are the Codes which the City of Lake Alfred presently enforces and web sites you can visit for more information:
• Flood Plain Regulations – To obtain a flood map call 800-358-9616 or go on-line to the FEMA Map Service Center.