A disaster supply kit is simply a collection of basic items your household may need in the event of an emergency.
- Water (1 gallon per person per day)
- Prescription Medications
- Pet Food / Medication
- Copies of Important Documents
- First Aid Kit
Home Escape Plans
Your family’s home fire escape plan needs to show:
- All the rooms in your home
- Two ways out of each room
- At least one smoke alarm in or near each sleeping area and on each level of your home
- A meeting place outside the home
- A path from each room to the meeting place
It is recommended to have a fire drill with your family at least two times a year.