Parks and Recreation Director
Office: Mackay Gardens
945 Mackay Blvd.
A sense of COMMUNITY
What transforms a crowd into a community? A chance for people to connect. Parks provide that chance. Florida’s parks are where lifetime friendships are formed, where the gap between generations is bridged, where people discover what they have in common. How do you grow a hometown with a sense of community? It starts in Parks and Recreation.
Explore Lake Alfred’s 15 park facilities with over 172 acres of land for your leisure and enjoyment.
• Ensures consistency with the overall vision of the City and the City’s Comprehensive Plan.
• Locates and clearly identify existing parks, open space, and recreation facilities.
• Evaluates and make recommendations regarding priorities for the improvement and expansion of these facilities.
• Identifies and makes recommendations on how the City might partner with other agencies to maximize its parks and recreation resources.
• Inventory and evaluate current park properties and facilities.
• Aids in the capital improvement planning and prioritization process.
• Locates and identifies existing bicycle and pedestrian pathways in the City and recommend safe connections between parks and recreation properties.
• Creates an action plan that identifies projects, programs, acquisitions and cost estimates.