- Incorrect key pad procedures
- Failure to train other authorized users
- Failure to secure doors and windows before arming your alarm
- Failure to update authorized users listed with your alarm company
- Improper application/installation of interior/outdoor beams
- Battery malfunctions
- Faulty equipment such as keypads or detectors
Reducing False Alarms
- Make sure all doors and windows are secure prior to arming your alarm.
- Be aware of changes in the alarms.
- Be aware of your environment (animals, weather, seasonal decorations).
- Notify your alarm company of any changes in regards to new authorized users.