It is that time of year again and by following some simple safety tips we can all make sure children are safe.
- Slow down.
- Be especially careful when driving on neighborhood streets and around school zones, always expect the unexpected.
- Be alert for children walking to and from school as you back out of your driveway or leave your parking garage.
- Watch for children on bicycles, especially at intersections and driveways. Young bicyclists have a tendency to dart out of driveways without looking for traffic.
- Stop your car when you see lights flashing on a school bus. Red flashing lights indicate that the bus is stopped and students are getting on or off.
- Do not start driving until the red lights stop flashing. Be aware that a child may dash across the street.
- When you approach a school bus picking up a child, it is the law to stop. When the flashing lights come on and the red stop sign extends that means STOP.
Comments are closed.