Hazardous materials can be dropped off at the Polk County landfill hazardous waste station or the Public Works Department during the Spring Clean-up Week every March. For additional hazardous materials drop-off information, please contact Public Works at 863-298-5458.
Recycling Day - Thursday
The City of Lake Alfred has a residential sanitation service and lightning loader service for large debris. All collection fees are added to the monthly utility water bills.
The city shall collect a service charge, or fee, based upon the following schedules:
Residential Collections Rate Schedule - Inside City Limits
Rate schedule for single-family dwellings and mobile homes or apartment buildings using receptacles, for one collection per week:
|Residential Collection Service||Per Collection||Per Month|
|One standard 95-gallon receptacle|
(Smaller containers are available by request and are charged as same monthly fee as standard 95-gallon receptacles)
|Each additional receptacle over 95 gallons, per receptacle||N/A||$7|
|For each additional collection, per collection request; or for items placed outside of receptacle||$6.16||N/A|
Residential Collections for Recycling Rate Schedule, Inside City Limits Only
|Recycling Service||Per Collection||Per Month|
|Single-family dwellings and mobile homes or apartment buildings using receptacle, for one collection per week by private contractor||N/A||$2.68|
|Each additional recycling receptacle shall incur a monthly service fee per customer.||$4.00|
Commercial Collections of Solid Waste Rates
Standard Commercial Fees (95-Gallon Receptacle, Maximum) for one collection per week:
|Commercial Collection Service||Per Collection||Per Month|
One standard 95-gallon receptacle - plus an additional 20% surcharge on residential collection rate.
|Each additional receptacle, per receptacle (residential plus an additional 20% surcharge)||N/A||$6.60|
|For each additional collection, per collection request or items placed outside of receptacle (residential plus an additional 20%)||$7.39||N/A|
|For items placed outside of receptacle, per collection||$7||N/A|
- All residential customers shall make a deposit of an amount equal to two months' billing before the beginning of collections from such customers, the deposit is to be refunded at the termination of the service.
- Commercial customers shall make a deposit of an amount equal to two months' billing before the beginning of collections from such customers, the deposit is to be returned at the termination of the service.
- Mobile home parks, apartment buildings, or other multiunit customers shall utilize the Residential Collection Rate for each unit, for one collection per week.
- In addition to the above charges an additional fuel adjustment charge of $2.06 per customer, per month shall be charged on each utility billing statement as a fuel adjustment charge. This fuel adjustment charge shall be increased by 3% each October 1 after the effective date of the ordinance from which this section derives.
- The Residential Collection Rate and other fees above shall automatically increase on October 1st of every even calendar year by three percent (3%) from each preceding biennial cycle's rates. (e.g. 2024, 2026).
Curbside Debris Removal Rates
- Brush: $5 per scoop (see note)
- Trash/Junk: $5.50 per scoop
- Contractor Debris: $10 per scoop
Note: No cost for three scoops of yard debris and trash/junk per week.