Hazardous materials can be dropped off at the Polk County landfill hazardous waste station or the Public Works Department during the Spring Clean-up Week every March. For additional hazardous materials drop-off information, please contact Public Works at 863-298-5458.
The City of Lake Alfred accepts aluminum cans, steel cans, cardboard, cereal boxes, cardboard egg cartons, new paper and paper products, and translucent plastics such as milk, water, and juice jugs.
The City of Lake Alfred has a residential sanitation service and lightning loader service for large debris. All collection fees are added to the monthly utility water bills.
The city shall collect a service charge, or fee, based upon the following schedules:
Residential Collections Rate Schedule - Inside City Limits
Rate schedule for single-family dwellings and mobile homes or apartment buildings using receptacles, for one collection per week:
|Residential Collection Service||Per Collection||Per Month|
|One standard 95-gallon receptacle|
(Smaller containers are available by request and are charged as same monthly fee as standard 95-gallon receptacles)
|Each additional receptacle over 95 gallons, per receptacle||N/A||$7|
|For each additional collection, per collection request; or for items placed outside of receptacle||$6.16||N/A|
Residential Collections for Recycling Rate Schedule, Inside City Limits Only
|Recycling Service||Per Collection||Per Month|
|Single-family dwellings and mobile homes or apartment buildings using receptacle, for one collection per week by private contractor||N/A||$2.68|
|Each additional recycling receptacle shall incur a monthly service fee per customer.||$4.00|
Commercial Collections of Solid Waste Rates
Standard Commercial Fees (95-Gallon Receptacle, Maximum) for one collection per week:
|Commercial Collection Service||Per Collection||Per Month|
One standard 95-gallon receptacle - plus an additional 20% surcharge on residential collection rate.
|Each additional receptacle, per receptacle (residential plus an additional 20% surcharge)||N/A||$6.60|
|For each additional collection, per collection request or items placed outside of receptacle (residential plus an additional 20%)||$7.39||N/A|
|For items placed outside of receptacle, per collection||$7||N/A|
- All residential customers shall make a deposit of an amount equal to two months' billing before the beginning of collections from such customers, the deposit is to be refunded at the termination of the service.
- Commercial customers shall make a deposit of an amount equal to two months' billing before the beginning of collections from such customers, the deposit is to be returned at the termination of the service.
- Mobile home parks, apartment buildings, or other multiunit customers shall utilize the Residential Collection Rate for each unit, for one collection per week.
- In addition to the above charges an additional fuel adjustment charge of $2.06 per customer, per month shall be charged on each utility billing statement as a fuel adjustment charge. This fuel adjustment charge shall be increased by 3% each October 1 after the effective date of the ordinance from which this section derives.
- The Residential Collection Rate and other fees above shall automatically increase on October 1st of every even calendar year by three percent (3%) from each preceding biennial cycle's rates. (e.g. 2024, 2026).
Curbside Debris Removal Rates
- Brush: $5 per scoop (see note)
- Trash/Junk: $5.50 per scoop
- Contractor Debris: $10 per scoop
Note: No cost for three scoops of yard debris and trash/junk per week.