Hazardous materials can be dropped off at the Polk County landfill hazardous waste station or the Public Works Department during the Spring Clean-up Week every March. For additional hazardous materials drop-off information, please contact Public Works at 863-298-5458.
Recycling Day - Thursday
The City of Lake Alfred has a residential sanitation service and lightning loader service for large debris. All collection fees are added to the monthly utility water bills.
The city shall collect a service charge, or fee, based upon the following schedules:
Residential Collections Rate Schedule - Inside City Limits
Rate schedule for single-family dwellings and mobile homes or apartment buildings using receptacles, for one collection per week:
|Residential Collection Service||Per Collection||Per Month|
|One standard 95-gallon receptacle|
(Smaller containers are available by request and are charged as same monthly fee as standard 95-gallon receptacles)
|Each additional receptacle over 95 gallons, per receptacle||N/A||$7|
|For each additional collection, per collection request; or for items placed outside of receptacle||$7.21||N/A|
Residential Collections for Recycling Rate Schedule, Inside City Limits Only
|Recycling Service||Per Collection||Per Month|
|Single-family dwellings and mobile homes or apartment buildings using receptacle, for one collection per week by private contractor||N/A||$2.60|
Commercial Collections of Solid Waste Rates
Standard Commercial Fees (95-Gallon Receptacle, Maximum) for one collection per week:
|Commercial Collection Service||Per Collection||Per Month|
One standard 95-gallon receptacle
|Each additional receptacle, per receptacle||N/A||$10.40|
|For each additional collection, per collection request||$12.50||N/A|
|For items placed outside of receptacle, per collection||$7||N/A|
- All residential customers shall make a deposit of an amount equal to two months' billing before the beginning of collections from such customers, the deposit to be refunded at the termination of the service.
- Commercial customers shall make a deposit of an amount equal to two months' billing before the beginning of collections from such customers, the deposit to be returned at the termination of the service.
- Mobile home parks or apartment buildings inside the city using dumpsters shall pay $14.50 per month for each mobile home or apartment or trailer space provided, for one collection per week.
- From each monthly charge set forth in this section, $0.84 shall be set aside and placed in a renewal and replacement fund by the city treasurer and used to fund the replacement of city sanitation equipment. In addition, from each monthly charge set forth in this section, $2.16 shall be set aside and placed in a vehicle replacement fund by the city treasurer and used for the sole purpose of funding the replacement of sanitation garbage trucks.
- In addition to the above charges an additional fuel adjustment charge of $4.06 per customer, per month shall be charged on each utility billing statement as a fuel adjustment charge. This fuel adjustment charge shall be increased by 3% each October 1 after the effective date of the ordinance from which this section derives.
Debris Removal Rates
- Brush: $5 per scoop (see note)
- Junk: $5.50 per scoop
- Contractor Debris: $10 per scoop
Note: No cost for three scoops of yard debris per week.