The Florida League of Cities announced that the Lake Alfred City Commissioners were appointed to the following Legislative Policy Committees.
- Land Use and Economic Development – Jack Dearmin
- Transportation & Intergovernmental Relations Committee – Nancy Z. Daley
- Municipal Administration – Mac Fuller
- Finance, Taxation & Personnel Committee – Brent Eden
- Utilities, Natural Resources, & Public Works – Charles Lake
As a Legislative Policy Committee member, they will help develop the League's Legislative Platform, which details priority issues that are most likely to impact daily municipal governance and local decision-making during the upcoming legislative session.