The Building Inspection Division is responsible for the plan review, permitting and inspection of all construction activity, sign permits, and the interpretation and development of code requirements relating to building, housing and landscape improvements.
Items required when applying for a building permit in the City of Lake Alfred include:
- Building Permit Application Form (Applications and Forms page)
- Site plan and/or site survey
- Two (2) sets of sealed drawings or product approval sheets from manufacturer for sheds
- Owner Affidavit: For owners of property when acting as their own contractor and providing direct, onsite supervision themselves of all work not performed by licensed contractors.
- Re-Roof Policy: Effective July 2019
- Notice of Commencement: if applicable, please see note below
- Please note: In accordance with Section 713.13 (1) (h) of the Florida Statutes, a “Notice of Commencement” must be filed with the Clerk of the Court (County Records Division) prior to commencement of construction of a project, and a certified copy or affidavit attesting to the recording of the Notice of Commencement, must be posted at the jobsite. This notice contains detailed information about the project such as property owner, financial institution, jobsite address, contractor, etc., and protects the property owner’s title to the property.
To learn more about specific requirements for various permits, click here to review the Lake Alfred Unified Land Development Code.
Submit Permits via Email:
Please submit all the required forms to email@example.com.
Once staff has processed your permit application, they will contact you with the permit cost which you can pay the via credit card after completing the credit card authorization form below and submitting it to our office. Once payment has been processed, staff will email your permit to the email address provided.
Inspections are regularly scheduled Monday thru Friday. To schedule an inspection:
- Call the office at 863-291-5748
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send inspections requests at least 48 hours in advance of requested inspection date to ensure the inspections are scheduled when needed
Building Codes and Ordinances
Contractors should be aware of the latest Florida Building Code (FBC) and how it will impact your construction project. The following are the Codes which the City of Lake Alfred presently enforces and web sites you can visit for more information: