Community Efforts To Promote Prevention
The key components of this strategy include the following:
- Get involved and stay involved
- When you see something, say something
- Identification by residents and businesses
- Publicity to help assure maximum community participation
- Reinforce community standards against crime
Door-to- Door Solicitation
The City of Lake Alfred requires a Certificate of Registration authorized by the Chief of Police to the applicant for the purposes of advertising or soliciting orders for merchandise, services, subscriptions or memberships. Please follow the steps as outlined in these Solicitation General Regulations (PDF).
Pill Drop Off – Lake Alfred Police Department
Citizens may turn in unused, expired, or unwanted Human and Pet Medications for safe and proper disposal. Medications should be kept in a clear, air-tight plastic bag. No liquid medications or needles will be accepted.
For more information on the local Pill Drop contact the Lake Alfred Police Department at (863)291-5200 or StandUP Polk at (863) 802-0777.
Amber and Silver Alerts
By signing up for Amber and Silver alerts you can be a vital part of assisting the authorities within your community.
To sign up please visit: http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/AMBER-Plan/Silver-Alert
Identity Theft Assistance
- Call police and file a report.
- Contact your bank(s) and financial institutions
- Contact your credit card suppliers
- Contact the Social Security Fraud Hotline 1-800-269-0271