Community Efforts To Promote Prevention
Community unity focuses attention on crime prevention and helps galvanize support for preventing crime, violence, and drug abuse. The goal is to improve the overall quality of life in our community.
The key components of this strategy include the following:
- Get involved and stay involved
- When you see something, say something
- Identification by residents and businesses of the central issues of concern
- Publicity to help assure maximum community participation
- Reinforce community standards against crime
Pill Drop Off – Lake Alfred Police Department
Citizens may turn in unused, expired, or unwanted Human and Pet Medications for safe and proper disposal. Medications should be kept in a clear, air-tight plastic bag. No liquid medications can be accepted.
For more information on the local Pill Drop contact the Lake Alfred Police Department at (863)291-5200 or StandUP Polk at (863) 802-0777.
Amber and Silver Alerts
By signing up for Amber and Silver alerts you can be a vital part of assisting the authorities within your community. Become a part of your community today! got to: http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/AMBER-Plan/Silver-Alert.
Identity Theft Assistance
If you have been a victim of identity theft, take these steps immediately:
- Call police and file a report.
- Contact your bank(s) and financial institutions
- Contact your credit card suppliers
- Contact the Social Security Fraud Hotline 1-800-269-0271