Business Tax Receipts
A local Business Tax receipt is levied on any person who maintains a permanent business or branch office within the City for the privilege of engaging in or managing any business, profession, or occupation within the city limits of Lake Alfred. If you have more than one location or provide more than one service you will be required to pay the tax for each location and/or service. Additionally, some businesses will be required to pay the tax for each state-licensed professional working under their business name or at their business location.
Required Information & Documents
Required information and documents to submit with your completed local business tax form:
- Name, home address, phone number, and photo ID of owner/applicant of business
- Name, address and phone number of business
- Business/Fictitious name
- SSN or FEIN required per FL Statutes Chapter 205
- FL Department of Professional Regulation (FL DBPR) Professional License, Certificate, or Registration, when applicable
- Polk County Business Tax Receipt
- FL Division of Corporations documents, health department approval, and Florida Sales Tax Certificate, when applicable
- Local Business Tax (and a separate first time $35 safety inspection fee) is payable by cash or check to City of Lake Alfred
- All issued Business Tax Receipts will be processed and mailed to the applicant within three weeks, expire on September 30th of each year, and must be renewed annually
Home-Based Business Tax
Home Based Business Tax Receipts are issued to allow for and regulate, home-based occupations in residential neighborhoods.
Transferring Business Tax Receipt
- Submit new application with appropriate documents
- Surrender the current application
- Pay transfer fee (not to exceed $25)
To renew your Business Tax Receipt, contact us:
Apply at City Hall (120 E Pomelo Street) between 8 am and 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. Please call us at 863-291-5748 for more information.